Monday, November 2, 2009

"Where Silence Speaks" By Bev Doolittle



"Camouflaging the arrow was the key here. I purposely made the arrow difficult to see at first glance. You have to work a little to get the key to the puzzle. Once you see it, the story is waiting for you. For myself, I think the arrow was shot by a young boy. Most warriors would hunt bigger game. But I don't think we'll ever know for sure."

"Innumerable sketches go into the creation of a concept. Sometimes, I try out different approaches simply because I enjoy the fluid moves an animal will make. Here, the angle from which an attack has come governs the startled movement of the fox. The title of this painting - Missed - is the key to its story - a key that is hidden in plain sight." - Bev Doolittle

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails